How to sew the zippered tote bag (ver.3)
Today’s handcrafted goods is “zippered tote bag with dinosaur pattern".
Outer body fabrics, 22cm by 38cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included, attach interfacing)
Inner body fabrics, 22cm by 38cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included)
Handles, 2.5cm by 28cm. 2 pieces.
Fold the both ends of zip tape, and sew.
How to fold zipper tape extensions. More info.
Make outer fabrics
1. Baste the outer fabric and handle together.
2. Other outer fabric, do the same way.
Install the zipper
1. Sew the outer fabric and zipper with right side together.
2. Then sew the outer and inner with right side together.
3. Unseam the bastings.
4. Fold the outer fabric, and iron. Then stitch the edge.
5. Sew the other side of zipper, do the same way.
Make the tote
1. Lay the fabric with right side, and sew around. (Leaving 8cm open for turning.)
2. Cut off extra cloths, and press seam allowances open.
3. Make gusset, and sew.
4. Turn inside out, and sew the edge. It’s done.
Making movie is the following.