How to sew the zippered tote bag (ver.2)
Today’s handcrafted goods is “zippered tote bag with crown pattern".
Outer body fabrics, 22cm by 34cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included, attach interfacing)
Inner body fabrics, 21.5cm by 33.5cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included)
Handles, 2.5cm by 28cm. 2 pieces.
Facing fabrics, 5cm by 33.5cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included)
Fold the both ends of zip tape, and sew.
How to fold zipper tape extensions. More info.
Facing fabric pattern is here.
Make bag body (outer)
1. Lay the outer fabrics with right side, and sew the side and bottom.
2. Cut off extra cloth, and press seam allowances open. Then make gusset, and sew.
3. Baste the outer fabric and handles together.
4. Cut the extra seam allowances (2.5cm).
Install the zipper
1. Sew the edge with zig zag stitch.
2. Sew the facing fabric and zipper with right side together.
3. Fold the facing fabric, and iron. Then stitch the edge.
4. Sew the other side of zipper, do the same way.
5. Fold the facing fabric in half with right side together, and sew the side seams.
Make bag body (inner)
1. Lay the inner fabrics with right side, and sew the side and bottom.
2. Cut off extra cloth, and press seam allowances open. Then make gussets, and sew.
3. Cut the extra seam allowances.
4. Insert the facing fabric into the inner bag. Then baste around.
Make the tote
1. Insert the inner bag into the outer bag, with right side together. Then sew around. (Leaving 7cm open for turning.)
2. Unseam the bastings.
3. Press seam allowances open, and turn inside out.
4. Iron, and stitch the edge of bag mouth.
5. Finishing iron. It’s done.
Making movie is the following.