Today’s handcrafted goods is “zippered tote bag with wave and plovers".
Outer main fabrics, 16cm by 33cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included, attach interfacing)
Fusible interfacing gives fabric firmness, and keeps shape of tote bag.
Bottom patch fabrics, 8cm by 33cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included, attach interfacing)
Inner body fabrics, 22cm by 33cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included)
Handles, 2.5cm by 29cm. 2 pieces.
Fold the both ends of zip tape, and sew.
How to fold zipper tape extensions. More info.
Make outer fabrics
1. Sew the main fabric and bottom patch with right side together.
2. Press seam allowances to bottom side, and stitch.
3. Baste the fabric and handle together.
4. Other fabrics, do the same way.
Install the zipper
1. Sew the outer fabric and zipper with right side together.
2. Then sew the outer and inner with right side together.
How to attach a zipper. More info.
3. Unseam the bastings.
4. Fold the outer fabric, and iron. Then stitch the edge.
5. Sew the other side of zipper, do the same way. (Be careful about thickness of the cloth.)
Make the tote
1. Lay the fabric with right side, and sew around. (Leaving 8cm open for turning.)
DIY zippered pouch and tote bag, tip and tricks.
2. Cut off extra cloths, and press seam allowances open.
3. Make gusset, and sew.
4. Turn inside out, and sew the edge. It’s done.
Making movie is the following.