Today’s handcrafted goods is “zippered tote bag (space)".
Outer fabrics, 16cm by 23cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included, attach interfacing)
Fusible interfacing gives fabric firmness, and keeps shape of tote bag.
Bottom patch fabrics, 9cm by 23cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included, attach interfacing)
Other patch fabrics, 4cm by 23cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included)
Inner fabrics, 23.5cm by 23cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included)
Handles, 2.5cm by 29cm. 2 pieces.
Fold the both ends of zip tape, and sew.
How to fold zipper tape extensions. More info.
Make outer fabrics
1. Sew the outer fabric and bottom patch with right side together.
2. Press seam allowances to bottom side, and stitch.
3. Sew the outer fabric and handle together.
4. Fold and press the other patch fabric. (1cm from the top edge.)
When making creases, it is recommended to use an sewing ruler for iron. The folds are neat and the finish is nicely.
5. Put a masking tape on outer fabric. (5cm from the top edge.)
6. Place the patch fabric on the edge of masking tape with right side. Then sew.
7. Fold the patch fabric, and iron. Then stitch the edges.
8. Other outer fabric, do the same way.
Install the zipper
1. Sew the outer fabric and zipper with right side together.
2. Sew the outer and inner with right side together.
How to attach a zipper. More info.
3. Fold the fabrics, and iron. Then stitch the edge.
4. Sew the other side of zipper, do the same way.
Make the tote
1. Lay the fabric with right side, and sew around. (Leaving 7cm open for turning. Unzip half.)
DIY zippered pouch tip and tricks.
2. Cut off extra cloths, and press seam allowances open.
3. Make gusset, and sew.
4. Turn inside out, and sew the edge. It’s done.
Making movie is the following.