Today’s handcrafted goods is “striped tote bag".
Outer body fabrics, 21cm by 35cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included, attach interfacing)
Fusible interfacing gives fabric firmness, and keeps shape of tote bag.
Inner body fabrics, 20.5cm by 34.5cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included)
For bottom patch, 18cm by 35cm. (Seam allowances are included)
Handles, 2.5cm by 64cm. 2 pieces.
Make bag body (outer)
1. Lay the outer fabrics with right side, and sew the bottom. Then press seam allowances open.
2. Sew the outer fabric and handles together.
3. Fold the edges of bottom patch (1cm), and sew the outer fabric together.
When making creases, it is recommended to use an sewing ruler for iron. The folds are neat and the finish is nicely.
4. Fold the outer fabric in half with right side together, and sew the side seams. (Don’t sew 4cm from the bottom.)
5. Cut off extra cloth, and press seam allowances open. Then make gusset, and sew.
Make bag body (inner)
Sew the inner bag, same way as the outer.
Sew the outer and inner together
1. Insert the inner bag into the outer bag, with right side together. Then sew together. （Leaving 7cm open for turning.）
2. Press seam allowances open, and turn inside out.
3. Do the ironing, and stitch the edge of bag mouth.
4. Reinforce the base of handles with stitch, and iron. It’s done.
Making movie is the following.