Today’s handcrafted goods is “DIY tote bag with zipper".
Outer body fabrics, 30cm by 35cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included, attach interfacing)
Fusible interfacing gives fabric firmness, and keeps shape of tote bag.
For bottom patches, 14.5cm by 35cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included, attach interfacing)
Handles, 2.5cm by 50cm. 2 pieces.
Inner body fabrics, 35cm by 42.5cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included)
31.5cm nylon coil zipper.
Sew the outer fabrics and bottom patches together
Sew the outer body fabrics and bottom patches with right side together. Then press seam allowances open, and stitch.
Attach the handles and zipper
1. Sew the outer fabrics and handles together.
2. Sew the outer fabric and zipper with right side together.
3. Then sew the outer and inner with right side together.
Nylon coil zipper, unlike metal zipper, are thin and soft. Making it easy to adjust their length.
4. Sew the other fabrics, do the same way.
5. Iron the edge of bag mouth, and stitch.
Make the bag, and finish
1. Lay the fabric with right side, and sew around. (Leaving 10cm open for turning.)
DIY zippered pouch and tote bag, tip and tricks.
2. Cut off extra cloth, and press seam allowances open. Then make gusset, and sew.
3. Turn inside out, and sew the edge. It’s done.
Making movie is the following.