How to sew the drawstring backpack
Today’s handcrafted goods is “drawstring backpack".
Outer body fabrics, 43cm by 35cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included.)
Inner body fabrics, 43cm by 35cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included.)
For tabs, tape or ribbon are 2 pieces. (2.5cm by 5cm)
Handles are 2 pieces. (2.5cm by 32cm)
2 cords. (160cm)
Make bag body (outer)
1. Fold the tabs in half, and sew the outer fabric together.
2. Sew the outer fabric and handles together.
3. Lay the outer fabrics with right side, and sew the side and bottom. (Don’t sew 4.5cm from the top edge.)
4. Press seam allowances open, and sew the side seams with U-shaped.
Make bag body (inner)
Sew the inner bag, same way as the outer.
Sew the outer and inner together
1. Insert the inner bag into the outer bag, with right side together. Then sew together. (Leaving 7cm open for turning.)
2. Press seam allowances open. Then turn inside out, and iron.
3. Stitch the edge of pouch mouth, and iron.
4. Sew 2.5cm from the pouch mouth.
5. Thread the cord through, and tie the cord ends. It’s done.
Making movie is the following.