Today’s handcrafted goods is “DIY hickory tote bag".
Outer body fabrics, 42cm by 53cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included, attach interfacing)
Fusible interfacing gives fabric firmness, and keeps shape of tote bag.
Inner body fabrics, 41.5cm by 52.5cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included)
For bottom patch, 20cm by 53cm. (Seam allowances are included)
Handles, 2.5cm by 110cm. 2 pieces.
Make bag body (outer)
1. Lay the outer fabrics with right side, and sew the bottom. Then press seam allowances open.
2. Sew the outer fabric and handles together.
3. Fold the edges of bottom patch (1cm), and sew the outer fabric together.
When making creases, it is recommended to use an sewing ruler for iron. The folds are neat and the finish is nicely.
4. Fold the outer fabric in half with right side together, and sew the side seams.
5. Cut off extra cloth, and press seam allowances open. Then make gusset, and sew.
Make bag body (inner)
1. Lay the inner fabrics with right side, and sew the side and bottom.
2. Cut off extra cloth, and press seam allowances open. Then make gussets, and sew.
Sew the outer and inner together
1. Insert the inner bag into the outer bag, with right side together. Then sew around. （Leaving 12cm open for turning.）
2. Press seam allowances open, and turn inside out.
3. Do the ironing, and stitch the edge of bag mouth.
4. Reinforce the base of handles with stitch, and iron. It’s done.
Making movie is the following.