Today’s handcrafted goods is “small tote bag with flower pattern".
Outer body fabrics, 22cm by 32cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included, attach interfacing)
Fusible interfacing gives fabric firmness, and keeps shape of tote bag.
Inner body fabrics, 21.5cm by 31.5cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included)
For bottom patch, 11cm by 32cm. (Seam allowances are included)
Handles, 2.5cm by 29cm. 2 pieces.
Make bag body (outer)
1. Lay the outer fabrics with right side, and sew the bottom. Then press seam allowances open.
2. Fold the edges of bottom patch (1cm), and sew the outer fabric together.
When making creases, it is recommended to use an sewing ruler for iron. The folds are neat and the finish is nicely.
3. Fold the outer fabric in half with right side together, and sew the side seams.
4. Cut off extra cloth, and press seam allowances open. Then make gusset, and sew.
5. Baste the outer fabric and handles together.
6. Cut the extra seam allowances.
Make bag body (inner)
1. Lay the inner fabrics with right side, and sew the side and bottom.
2. Cut off extra cloth, and press seam allowances open. Then make gussets, and sew.
3. Cut the extra seam allowances.
Sew the outer and inner together
1. Insert the inner bag into the outer bag, with right side together. Then sew around. （Leaving 7cm open for turning.）
2. Unseam the bastings.
3. Press seam allowances open, and turn inside out.
4. Do the ironing, and stitch the edge of bag mouth.
5. Finishing iron. It’s done.
Making movie is the following.