How to sew the simple tote bag
Today’s handcrafted goods is “simple tote bag".
Outer body fabrics, 40.6cm by 46.6cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included, attach interfacing)
Fusible interfacing gives fabric firmness, and keeps shape of tote bag.
Inner body fabrics, 40.6cm by 46.6cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included)
For bottom patch, 21cm by 46.6cm. (Seam allowances are included)
Handles, 2.5cm by 126cm. 2 pieces.
Make bag body (outer)
1. Sew the 2 fabrics with right side together, and press seam allowances open.
2. Sew the outer fabric and handles together.
3. Fold the edges of bottom patch (1cm), and sew the outer fabric together.
When making creases, it is recommended to use an sewing ruler for iron. The folds are neat and the finish is nicely.
4. Fold the outer fabric in half with right side together, and sew the side seams.
5. Cut off extra cloth, and press seam allowances open. Then make gusset, and sew.
Make bag body (inner)
Sew the inner bag, same way as the outer.
Sew the outer and inner together
1. Insert the inner bag into the outer bag, with right side together. Then sew together. （Leaving 12～13cm open for turning.）
2. Press seam allowances open, and turn inside out.
3. Do the ironing, and stitch the edge of bag mouth.
4. Reinforce the base of handles with stitch, and iron. It’s done.
Making movie is the following.