Today’s DIY (handmade product) is a plover-patterned fabric triangle zipper pouch (with lining). It is made mostly the same way as a standard zipper pouch except for making a triangle, so it is relatively easy to make.
I recommend putting treats inside the triangle pouch and using it as a gift. After eating the sweets inside, it can be used as a carry pouch. It would also be cute to use it as a pouch for small items such as lip balm or hair accessories.
Outer fabric is 1 piece of 13cm x 24cm sized fabric. (Seam allowances are included. Attach fusible interlining on the back.)
Fusible interfacing gives fabric firmness and keeps the shape of the zipper pouch.
Lining fabric is also 1 piece of 13cm x 24cm sized fabric. (Seam allowances are included)
10cm zipper is 1 piece.
Fold both ends of the zip tape, and sew.
Fold the end of zipper so that it doesn’t cover the seam allowances of pouch. It the edge overlap seam allowances, the thickness will increase and be difficult to sew. It will affect the appearance when finished.
How to sew the zipper (install the zipper)
1. Sew the outer fabric and zipper with right side together. (This means the front sides of the fabric are lined up with each other.) Pin the zipper with marking pins no to slip the zipper when you sew.
2. Sew the outer and lining fabric with right side together.
Sew the zipper that affects the appearance of pouch. If you don’t know how to sew or aren’t good at sewing a zipper, please read this article which explains the procedure concretely.
3. Fold the fabrics, and iron. Then stitch the edge.
4. Sew the other side of zipper and do it the same way.
How to make the triangle pouch
1. Place the outer and lining fabrics on the bottom stop of zipper and sew them together.
2. Place the outer and lining fabric with right sides facing each other and sew the top stops of zipper. (Leaving 5cm gap for turning.)
The part with the zipper became thick, so be careful when you sew.
3. Press seam allowances open, and turn inside out from the gap.
4. Sew the gap. The plover-patterned triangle zipper pouch is done.
Following is the video for how-to.