Today’s handcrafted goods is “bee motif tote bag".
Outer body fabrics, 20cm by 26.5cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included, attach interfacing)
Fusible interfacing gives fabric firmness, and keeps shape of tote bag.
Inner body fabrics, 20cm by 26.5cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included)
For patches, 4cm by 26.5cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included)
Handles, 2.5cm by 32cm. 2 pieces.
24.8cm nylon coil zipper.
Make outer body
1. Fold and press the edges of patch fabrics (1cm).
When making creases, it is recommended to use an sewing ruler for iron. The folds are neat and the finish is nicely.
2. Sew the patch and outer fabric with right side together.
3. Then sew the outer fabric and handle together.
4. Fold the patch, and stitch the edges.
5. Reinforce the base of handle with stitch.
Attach the zipper
1. Sew the outer fabric and zipper with right side together.
2. Then sew the outer and inner with right side together.
3. Iron the edge of bag mouth, and stitch.
4. Sew the other fabrics, do the same way.
Nylon coil zipper, unlike metal zipper, are thin and soft. Making it easy to adjust their length.
Make the bag, and finish
1. Lay the fabric with right side, and sew around. (Leaving 8cm open for turning.)
DIY zippered pouch tip and tricks.
2. Cut off extra cloth, and press seam allowances open. Then make gusset, and sew.
3. Turn inside out, and sew the edge. It’s done.
Making movie is the following.