Today’s handcrafted goods is “DIY wire frame pouch".
Outer body fabrics, 20cm by 27.5cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included, attach interfacing)
Fusible interfacing gives fabric firmness, and keeps shape of pouch.
Inner body fabrics, 20cm by 27.5cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included)
31cm zipper. (Here, nylon coil zipper is used.)
Fabric tabs for zipper, 5.2cm by 5.2cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included)
Wire frame, 5cm by 15cm are 2 pieces.
Add the tabs to zipper
1. Fold and press the fabric tabs (1cm).
When making creases, it is recommended to use an sewing ruler for iron. The folds are neat and the finish is nicely.
2. Fold the fabric in half with right side. Then sew the top and bottom.
3. Cut off extra seams, and turn inside out.
4. Cover the zipper ends with tabs, and stitch.
Install the zipper
1. Fold the side seams of outer fabric (1cm). Then baste.
2. Sew the outer fabric and zipper with right side together.
3. Fold the side seams of inner fabric (1cm). Then baste.
4. Sew the outer and inner with right side together.
5. Fold the fabrics, and iron. Then stitch the edge.
6. Sew the other side of zipper, do the same way.
Nylon coil zipper, unlike metal zipper, are thin and soft. Making it easy to adjust their length.
Make the pouch
1. Lay the fabric with right side, and sew. (Leaving 7cm open for turning, and 2cm for wire-passing port.)
2. Cut off extra cloths, and press seam allowances open. Then make gusset, and sew.
3. Turn inside out, and sew the edge.
4. Stitch and thread the wire frame through.
5. Sew the edges. It’s done.
Making movie is the following.