Today’s handcrafted goods is “sun visor with hickory pattern".
Band fabrics are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included, attach interfacing)
Fusible interfacing gives fabric firmness, and keeps shape of band.
Brim fabrics are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included)
Brim interfacing. (cut-off)
Other fabric is 10cm by 10cm. (Seam allowances are included)
Elastic braids, 7cm long are 2 pieces.
Pattern is here.
1. Sew the brim fabrics with right side together.
2. Make a cut in seam allowances. Then press seam allowances open.
3. Turn inside out, and insert the brim interfacing. Then stitch the edge.
Make elastic fabric
1. Fold the other fabric in half with right side together, and sew.
2. Turn inside out, and stitch.
3. Thread the elastic braids through, and sew.
Make sun visor
1. Fold and press the band fabrics (1cm).
2. Place the brim and one band with right side together, and baste.
3. Make a cut in seam allowances.
4. Add the other band, sew with right side together. Then press seam allowances open. (Be careful about sewing)
5. Fold and press the band (1cm).
6. Sew the band and elastic band together.
7. Stitch the edge of band. It’s done.
Making movie is the following.