DIY bento pouch
Today’s handcrafted goods is “bento pouch".
Outer body fabrics, 17cm by 32cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included)
Bottom patch fabrics, 15cm by 32cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included)
Inner body fabrics, 29.5cm by 31.5cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included)
Handles, 2.5cm by 30cm. 2 pieces.
Cords, 70cm are 2 pieces.
Make outer fabrics
1. Sew the outer fabric and bottom patch with right side together.
2. Press seam allowances to bottom side, and stitch.
3. Baste the fabric and handle together.
4. Other fabrics, do the same way.
Make pouch body (outer)
1. Lay the outer fabrics with right side, and sew the side and bottom. (Don’t sew 4.5cm from the top edge.)
2. Press seam allowances open, and sew the side seams with U-shaped.
3. Cut off extra cloth. Then make gusset, and sew.
Make pouch body (inner)
Sew the inner body, same way as the outer.
Make bento pouch
1. Insert the inner pouch into the outer pouch, with right side together. Then sew. (Leaving 7cm open for turning.)
2. Unseam the bastings.
3. Press seam allowances open, and turn inside out.
4. Iron and stitch the edge of pouch mouth.
5. Sew 3.5cm from the pouch mouth.
6. Thread the cord through, and tie the cord ends. It’s done.
Making movie is the following.