Today’s handcrafted goods is “denim half apron for children".
Main fabric, 32cm by 60cm. (Seam allowances are included)
For pocket, 15cm by 22cm. (Seam allowances are included)
Twill tapes for waist belt, 2cm by 60cm are 2 pieces.
Finish the raw edge
1. Fold the corner into 45 degree, and sew.
2. Draw a line parallel to sewed line, and cut off extra cloth.
3. Make a cut in fabric, and press seam allowances open.
4. Cut off extra cloth.
5. Remaining 3 corners, do the same way.
The edges can be creased in advance with an iron ruler to make subsequent work easier.
6. Fold the edge in half (1.5cm), and turn the corner. (Use the tweezers, better.)
7. Sew the main fabric and twill tapes together.
8. Fold the tapes to outside. Then reinforce the base of tapes with stitch.
9. Fold the other side of tapes in three, and sew.
Make pocket, and finish
1. Sew the edge of pocket fabric with zig zag stitch.
2. Fold the pocket mouth (2.5cm), and sew.
3. Fold the side and bottom (1cm). Then sew the pocket and apron together. It’s done.
Making movie is the following.