Today’s handcrafted goods is “camo tote bag".
Outer body fabrics, 27cm by 36cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included, attach interfacing)
Fusible interfacing gives fabric firmness, and keeps shape of tote bag.
Inner body fabrics, 26.5cm by 35.5cm are 2 pieces. (Seam allowances are included)
For bottom patch, 16cm by 36cm. (Seam allowances are included)
Handles, 2.5cm by 65cm. 2 pieces.
Make bag body (outer)
1. Lay the outer fabrics with right side, and sew the bottom. Then press seam allowances open.
2. Sew the outer fabric and handles together.
3. Fold the edges of bottom patch (1cm), and sew the outer fabric together.
When making creases, it is recommended to use an sewing ruler for iron. The folds are neat and the finish is nicely.
4. Fold the outer fabric in half with right side together, and sew the side seams. (Don’t sew 4cm from the bottom.)
5. Cut off extra cloth, and press seam allowances open. Then make gusset, and sew.
Make bag body (inner)
1. Lay the inner fabrics with right side, and sew the side and bottom. (Don’t sew the corners.)
2. Cut off extra cloth, and press seam allowances open. Then make gussets, and sew.
Sew the outer and inner together
1. Insert the inner bag into the outer bag, with right side together. Then sew around. (Leaving 10cm open for turning.)
2. Press seam allowances open, and turn inside out.
3. Do the ironing, and stitch the edge of bag mouth.
4. Reinforce the base of handles with stitch, and iron. It’s done.
Making movie is the following.